Last modified January 30th, 2005
KAW mailing list
Welcome to the KAW mailing list. This list was originally
established for information exchange between people participating
and/or interested in the knowledge acquisition workshops. These days,
the list has acquired a wider audience and it is now intended as a
general forum for reseachers interested in knowledge acquisition,
knowledge modelling, knowledge management, ontologies, semantic web
and so forth.
This list is a moderated, low traffic mailing list. It is mainly
used for announcements and calls for papers. Because of the large number
of recipients and its moderated nature, the list is not well-suited for
In order to minimise overhead, please keep the following conventions
in mind when sending messages to the list.
- Please only send mails that are relevant to a large number of
recipients of the list. If the mail is about a particular topic for
which there is a discussion list, send it there.
- Don't send mails with attachments.
- Only send messages in plain ASCII format. If you have information
that can only be viewed in a non-ASCII format, put it on the web and
include the URL in the submission.
- Don't use the list as an advertising medium. Of course, sometimes
the border between information and advertising is fuzzy. As long as the
information is specifically relevant for the KAW-community, it is OK to
send it. Otherwise, contact the moderator first.
Announcements of available jobs are restricted to positions
that aim to advance the state-of-the-art in KAW-related fields
(e.g. research and teaching jobs) and make these advances available to
the KAW-community as a whole. Adverts for positions with the sole
purpose of exploiting knowledge of KAW-related fields are not
accepted. Each job advert must include details of the position(s) and a
deadline for applicants.
The KAW list is moderated. This means that each message is viewed
by a human before being forwarded to the list. Here are some rules
used to decide whether a contribution is forwarded or rejected.
- Spam is rejected.
- Contributions that don't fit the rules
are silently rejected. If you think your message may be rejected, first
send a message asking for permission. This puts upon the moderator
the moral obligation at least to send a reply.
- Contributions that do not fit the topics are silently rejected.
Note that this is not a Computer Science list, but a "Knowledge and Computers" list.
- Subscribe. Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and put
subscribe kaw in the body. Then follow the instructions in
- Unsubscribe. Send a message to email@example.com and put
unsubscribe kaw in the body.
- Posting. To post to the list, send a message to
THE LIST@science.uva.nl (the list is called kaw).
- If one of the above fails for some reason, send a message to the moderator:
anjo (you know the host).
Copyright © 1997-2005 University of Amsterdam.